Friday, June 09, 2006

Trials...for good and for bad

I tried out my yellow "fuzzi bunz" this week. It worked VERY well. I know it will only get better as it gets washed more too. I kind of forgot that I hadn't washed the fleece yet. So I know the outter will get better. It was really cute on a real baby too! I was suprised that it wasn't as big as I thought it would be for him. So I decided I'm going to start making mediums, and when I get those to a proper stash, then I'll work on the smaller size for newborns-1 month olds. I plan on using disposables in the beginning week or 2 anyway, so I don't want to spend a lot of $$ making diapers when I really need the next size sooner. I may make or buy prefolds and a few newborn covers for the first few weeks if they don't fit into the mediums I'm making.

I started another diaper, also. This one is a weeweka pattern, pocket with side snaps. It is a small/medium, so I am hoping that this will transition better for the newborn, yet work up to the 26 lbs it claims. But... grrr.... I am having some frustrations this week with it. I think I am going to go back to aplix. Since I was just using fleece, I knew metal snaps would be fine, but I must be doing something wrong, as they won't stay on the fleece. I used these same snaps when I made my menstral pads, and no problems. I really wanted to use the snaps, because I don't like my aplix getting messy in the wash. I might just have to buy enough to make laundry tabs.

No comments: