I wanted to make Joel a swim diaper for when we go camping next week. I read someone suggest to use the Katrina's Free pattern and use FOE. So I made a medium. Then I couldn't get the thing over Joel's thighs. I guess it runs a little smaller using FOE and woven PUL. I'm wondering if it's even stretch for a newborn.
So, I decided to try a different pattern that says you can make with a swim diaper. The Wee weka side snap pattern. I made one using M/L and FOE. This swim diaper is HUGE on Joel. No way it'd be able to contain in the swimming pool. Maybe next year??
So, I decided I liked that pattern for a swim diaper, so I used the S/M sized of the Wee Weka pattern. By this time I was getting nervous I was wasting PUL. But it fits!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
This diaper turned out so cute. It is super tiny. This is a little comets XXS. Probably the size my newborn will only be able to wear when we go home from the hospital. I forgot to add a inner layer, so it has a lay in soaker. I got frustrated with my serger when making the soaker. It kept breaking the needles, so the last side is zigzagged from my sewing machine.
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
I found some beautiful fabric sitting in my closet, and even though I am to be making swim diapers for Joel, I found the time to sew up this beauty. It's a darling diaper newborn. The fabric is a little stretchy. This is the first DD newborn that I've sewn turn and topstitch. I also made it a true fitted with all the soaker inside. As my husbands says, another "owl" diaper. :)