Saturday, June 03, 2006

Dwarfs Diaper

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is my second diaper sewing. I used the same MamaBird Pattern, but I enlarged the wings. This outer is actually an old nightgown of mine. The dwarfs are very worn, but I thought it'd look cute as a diaper. The inside is just cheap flannel. I did not put any inserts in this one, so all soakers will be on top of the flannel.

The nightgown was knit made, not weaved, so it was made a little larger than the first one. I'm sure that is the reason. But I'd kept the pattern size the same (or tried) because flannel is weaved, no stretch.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Very cute, dipe! I found you on mothering and thought I'd say, "hi". Yes, diaper making is super addictive and yes, you need to be extremely careful when buying material because you can go nutz and spend, spend, spend. Hopefully, each diaper will cost you no more than $2 with velcro and everrthing. If you can get the microfleece on sale at JoAnn's for $6 a yard then you can use that as a lining to your dipes and it wicks away the moisture to the inside. I usually make mine into fitted pockets that have flannel on the outside (usually no more than $3 a yard) and microfleece on the inside. I leave it open in back so I can stuff it with a microfiber towel or a prefold. Then I made polar fleece covers to go over my pocket fitteds. So fun!