Thursday, May 28, 2009

QSFW Modified



Here's my 5 month old, 16.5?? lb baby wearing the medium with the extra rise. This is my favorite QSFW that I have made yet. Not quite as quick. I added blind elastic to the legs and back. I used woven flannel receiving blanket. This is 2 layers. The fit on Isaac is really nice. I folded the flaps down. A must with adding elastic. If you had a girl, you wouldn't have to fold them all the way, like I did. Keeping the absorbancy in the middle. Then with leftover pieces of the blanket I made a 4 layer rectangle soaker. So, 12 layers in the front for my boy. But washing it's only 2. I think it's neat the way the elastic went into the legs. In the front it is rolled (where the flaps fold in), and in the back it ruffles. By the way, I didn't add the middle snaps. I figured with the woven I wouldn't need them, and I was right. Isaac fits on the smallest setting, so room to grow in this diaper! yay!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is a beautiful diaper!

JoAnne Markov said...

Lovely! Do you still have the QSFW .pdf still? I had found it recently, and forgot to save it... and now Diaper Sewing Divas is shut down. I would greatly appreciate it if you could pass it along!

Erynn said...

Just updated with a new blog post so all could see. Thanks for passing that along.