Friday, May 08, 2009

Another QSFW and Cover

QSFW

These diapers are so much fun to make. Here is one I used an old flannel receiving blanket. All the other diapers were fitting loose, so I made this one in small and didn't use the extra at the top. Well...the rise is good. But the woven flannel doesn't stretch and this thing barely fit. So I added one snap on each side. This is taken before that. With the two snaps, it fits much better, but not for long. Isaac gave me a BM in this diaper as well, and no leaks. It wasn't his first one that day, but enough to give me a clue as to the hold up on these. The "catchier" the fabric, the better, I'm sure. These diapers are making me very happy. They seem trimmer than a disposable diaper, yet absorb better than some of my microfiber inserts. Maybe I'm changing more often? I don't know.

Katrina's Soaker.

This one is a medium in the fleece pattern. It fits good, slow to get on, but fits perfect on. Love to make these things. So easy, and they fit over these trim fitted diapers so much. Yes, this one is purple. I have lots of pink and purple fleece. I won't be using the pink for Isaac, but maybe something for me.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi there -- I'm new to your blog and LOVE IT! I'm interested in fashioning my own diaper stash from things I already have (since I don't want to/can't spend a fortune on the name brand ones). I love what you've done here and am wondering if all you used was an old rcvg blanket with snaps. That will catch/absorb everything? Then the cover keeps everything from coming out?

Thanks for any tips you have on this particular style. I'm off to browse around your blog for some more great ideas.

Erynn said...

Yes, it is only a receiving blanket with snaps. Mine is two layer (folded 6) with a 2 layer soaker made from the same. That works alright if you change frequently. Otherwise you may want another body layer and/or thicker soaker. This diaper doesn't always catch everything (only tried with ebf poo) but the cover will keep it from everywhere else. I like fleece because you can wash right with the diapers. The one I made with sherpa works great for catching, but t-shirt material, not as well.

Sara said...

I found your blog through google search and love the diapers you made. I think I'm becoming a cloth diaper fanatic.Here is my own design made from recycled tee shirts. I got frustrated with poo getting caught in the elastic, so I made an adjustable fitted with elastic cord that can be drawn up or let out to make the diaper flat. Here are my other cloth diapering blogs.
Cloth Diapering Basics
Cheap Diaper Links
Diaper Sewing Links

Lisa said...

Love your sewing skills, mama! You have some super duper cute diapers here.. you should totally enter some in our diaper sewing contest.. lots of great prizes!! www.cloth-diapers-made-easy.com/making-cloth-diapers.html

You are seriously talented!! :)