Saturday, October 13, 2007

Newborn Fitted



Feeling the love to share my sewing abilities. Here's a newborn diaper I made for a friend of mine who recently decided to cloth diaper her 4th baby, who will be here soon. I tried SO hard not to mess up, but I still did. But it turned out beautiful anyway. This material is thanks to Wallypop utilizing freecycle. I have one more of this type of material. Different pattern. Can't wait to use it. I wish all the diapers I made for Joel were this rich in color.

This diaper is a modified mamabird pattern. I did the elastic all on the seam allowance, even the back elastic. Then, for the soaker, I have a hidden 3rd layer that is where the soaker is attached to. I find I just don't like all the thread visible on the inside. So I used an old terry baby robe, and sewed on that. I topstitched the whole diaper except the leg elastic, to allow it a softer rollout. The leg elastic was sewn only on the inner suedecloth, before sewing the diaper together. The back elastic sewn on the whole seam allowance.

Making the newborn diapers tempts me for another little one. But, I still have my little one and he still wakes several times a night. So, we're still living that one up to God. :)

No comments: