Thursday, September 14, 2006

My first PUL Diaper

This week has been a busy get ready for baby week. I've made lots of wipes, soakers and even a diaper. I received my PUL fabric this week and couldn't wait to get started making a diaper. I bought only white since we're trying to save $$, but white is a diaper color and can be used for other children as well. I used the Darling Diaper pattern, with the exception of the way I did the casings around the pocket. I just added material to the top when I was cutting out, then pulled it down and sewed around the elastic. It is just much better that way. I use the shiny side on the inside of the diaper, that's how the fuzzi bunz do it. I think I prefer sewing with fleece, but PUL makes a less bulky diaper. I'll have to get some pics of my wipes and soakers when I can, but here's my diaper.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: