Thursday, August 31, 2006
Darling Diaper Fitted
This diaper was from www.darlingdiaper.com using the pocket fitted pattern. I used fleece for the outer layer, and alova suedecloth for the inner layer. Having black on the inside is a little different. I need to try this diaper out on a baby. It is shorter than the fuzzi bunz, but just as wide. Not sure if fitting is the same just not so bulky?? This pattern was pretty easy, but I didn't care for the way the did the back casing. I had to use a separate piece of suedecloth. I got a little confused while putting it together. I think I will adapt the wee weka casing idea of adding the casing before cutting. Seemed to cut out a lot of bulk and hassle. This pattern also doesn't use elastic on both sides of the back, like the fuzzi bunz. Not too impressed with that either. Thinking that I will keep the wee weka idea on that too, though it does use more elastic that way. Elastic isn't that expensive and I'd rather have a diaper I enjoy using. I'll try it out the next time. I may also try out side velcro next time as well. See which way I like better, and which way uses less velcro.
Soon I'm going to buy the better hook and loop tape and PUL fabrics. Just as soon as my husband gives me the go ahead. I'm going to go with all white I think. It's a little cheaper that way, and white goes well under near anything. We found out we are having a boy, but I'm going to try hard not to do too many "boy" diapers for when we someday have a girl. :D