Thursday, July 10, 2008

Swimming in Trial and Error

I wanted to make Joel a swim diaper for when we go camping next week. I read someone suggest to use the Katrina's Free pattern and use FOE. So I made a medium. Then I couldn't get the thing over Joel's thighs. I guess it runs a little smaller using FOE and woven PUL. I'm wondering if it's even stretch for a newborn.




So, I decided to try a different pattern that says you can make with a swim diaper. The Wee weka side snap pattern. I made one using M/L and FOE. This swim diaper is HUGE on Joel. No way it'd be able to contain in the swimming pool. Maybe next year??




So, I decided I liked that pattern for a swim diaper, so I used the S/M sized of the Wee Weka pattern. By this time I was getting nervous I was wasting PUL. But it fits!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I see you've tried different patterns. I'm just curious on which you liked the best. I am new to sewing and was thinking of getting the Darling Diapers.

Blessings,
Jen